Friday, December 27, 2013

The Best of the Worst

in which schadenfreude comes to the forefront of this blog for a minute.

After my completely hypocritical lambasting of best-of-the-year lists yesterday (while reading them, and then listening to all of the music on them, because, as I mentioned, I'm a sucker), I realized that I forgot to mention my TRUE favorite, which are the worst-of-the-year lists.

Here are the best of the worst-of-lists from this year:
  1. Entertainment Weekly - The Five Worst Singles of 2013  The song Chinese Food. Really. Need they say more? Oh yeah, of course, there's also Accidental Racist (which was unintentionally racist, and completely demoralizing), and the truly execrable I Hit it First, Ray-J's ode to Kim Kardashian. Their sex tape made her famous. Him, not so much. 
  2. Salon.com: The 17 most jaw-droppingly terrible lyrics of 2013 which had gems such as this: “Cause I understand you/We see eye-to-eye/Like a double rainbow in the sky/And wherever you go, so will I/Cause a double rainbow is hard to find.” — Katy Perry, “Double Rainbow” Is Katy Perry aware that rainbows don’t have eyes?
  3. Faster Louder - The 50 Worst Things in Music This Year John Mayer's album cover. Absolutely Everything About Pitbull. #Hastagsongtitles.
  4. Idolator - The 10 Worst Album Covers of the Year  If you were confused as to why Bangerz looks like something from the Miami Vice era. The crappy paintings that Drake and Jason Derulo used on their respective covers... ugh.
And, my personal favorite from Faster Louder - Haters Gonna Hate: A Guide to Hating End-of-Year  Lists dude. totally should have read this BEFORE writing my post yesterday. heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment